Effectively communicating with your patients is imperative to increasing patient satisfaction and health outcomes.
This collection of AMA STEPS Forward® Practice Innovation Strategies offers proven approaches on how to improve communications with patients, uncover risk factors that may be contributing to poor health, collaborate with your colleagues in other specialties and enhance transitions of care.
Actionable, practical toolkits provide customizable resources to enhance patient communication and patient-centered care.
- Racial and Health Equity: Concrete STEPS for Smaller Practices and Health Systems
- Sharing Clinical Notes With Patients
- Health Coaching
- Building a Patient Experience Program
- Forming a Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Medication Adherence
- Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
- Empathetic Listening
- Choosing Wisely®
- Project ECHO® (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes)
- Value-Based Care
- Transitions of Care
- End-of-Life Care
- Behavioral Health Integration Into Primary Care
- Panel Sizes for Primary Care Physicians
Find best practices for sharing clinical notes with patients, explore practices that foster physician presence and connection with patients and more.
Addressing Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) with Rush University Medical Center
Public health is often determined by factors outside the hospital.
Listen to how the clinical team at Rush defined a plan to address SDOH, understood the health needs of the patient and connected patients to community resources.
- Annie's Place: First-of-Its-Kind Free Childcare for Patients (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Small Interventions Matter (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Improve Patient Care with Collaborate Care Team Models (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- A Search for Inclusive Health Care: One Physician Parent’s Journey (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Creating Safe and Welcoming Environments for LGBTQ+ Patients (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Racial and Health Equity: Five Concrete STEPS (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Sharing Clinical Notes With Patients (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Health Equity: The Importance of Building Trust (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
Find the latest research that applies to enhanced patient care and a patient centered approach.
- Moving Our Attention from Keyboards to Patients: A Way Forward for Improving Professional Fulfillment and Health Care Value (The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety)
- Optimal Panel Size: Are we asking the right questions? (Annals of Internal Medicine)