Senior Physicians Section Governing Council nominations
Nominations will be accepted for the following position with terms commencing in June 2019, after the Annual Meeting. All positions are 2-year terms expiring June 2021.
- Officer at-large – 2-year term (two positions)
All AMA physicians 65 years of age and above are automatically members of the Senior Physicians Section (SPS) and are eligible for a leadership position regardless of whether they work full time, part time or are retired.
For the officer at-large position, any current SPS member can stand for election, provided that:
- The candidate has demonstrated experience in organized medicine by having held a prior elected leadership position at the local, state, specialty or national level.
- The candidate must also have attended an AMA meeting or had prior experience with the AMA's House of Delegates (HOD).
Requirements & duties
In addition to being responsible for directing the programs and activities of the section, the governing council members’ involvement includes meeting at the HOD Annual and Interim Meetings (three days), and one additional SPS Governing Council meeting (two days) throughout the year, along with various conference calls and regular email communication.
The duties of the positions are outlined in the Internal Operating Procedures as follows:
The officer at-large shall:
- Represent the interests of the SPS as directed by the GC
- Execute assigned responsibilities as determined by the chair of the GC
Nomination form & deadline
The nominee, nominating person or organization must complete an SPS nomination form by Feb. 28, 2019. Self–nominations will be accepted. SPS members must submit a nomination form, bio sketch form and a headshot photo (JPEG).
Please download the electronic forms to your computer before completing. The documents can be emailed to [email protected] or sent by regular mail to the AMA address at the bottom of the nomination form.
An online election will take place in Spring 2019. An electronic ballot will be administered. Only current AMA members with a valid email address on file in the AMA’s system will be sent an email.