The Value to Physicians
As a Support and Alignment Network (SAN), the AMA provides technical assistance to our nation's physicians by improving the current quality of care, increasing patients' access to information and assisting physicians in moving through the phases of practice transformation.
In collaboration with the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services, the AMA:
- Promotes the TCPI's goals to the broader health care community
- Uses the AMA STEPS Forward™ practice improvement strategies platform to develop and digitally host educational activities for TCPI participants
- Accelerates the maturation of clinical data registries
- Conducts annual collaborative events to elevate the capabilities of Practice Transformation Networks (PTNs) and SANs
Qualified Clinical Data Registries
To accelerate the maturation of clinical data registries, enable practices to initiate quality improvement programs and adopt quality-based payment models, the AMA will coordinate resources and tools required to continue maturation at a pace consistent with the goals of the TCPI.
The AMA has created a Quality Reporting and Qualified Clinical Data Registries (QCDRs) resource collection on the STEPS Forward™ site to provide clinicians with the tools they need to become proficient users of QCDRs and assist in preparing clinicians for value-based care models.
Share, Listen, Speak, Learn Series
To bring more of the resources of the AMA to the TCPI community, the AMA has launched a monthly webinar series. The "Share, Listen, Speak, Learn" series delivers the topics practices need to help them thrive in the future.
- Share the existing AMA resources
- Listen and participate in the live event
- Speak by joining the conversation in the AMA digital community
- Learn from the resources in the AMA Education Center
The series makes resources available in 1 place and provides simple yet informative information on topics that relate to the goals of TCPI.