The AMA values employee well-being, learning and development, wellness, diversity and social responsibility. As an AMA team member, you will have many opportunities to grow within a supportive and inclusive culture.
AMA provides learning and development opportunities that are relevant, practical, immediately applicable and aligned with AMA goals. These include:
- Access to 6,000+ online courses
- Consultations and team-building workshops
- Executive/management coaching and structured career counseling
- AMA-developed leadership skill series
There are many ways to get involved at the AMA. Some include:
- Employee resource groups (ERGS): The AMA has several voluntary employee resource groups (ERGs) that offer staff diverse and inclusive ways to engage and network with colleagues who share interests and/or commonalities.
- Clubs: From AMA Active (a way for employees to connect through workouts and other wellness events) to the Green Team (a group dedicated to promoting ideas for a sustainable workplace); these are only two of the many ways to find a meaningful fit at the AMA.
Through our Enterprise Social Responsibility program, the AMA encourages employees to become involved in their communities to enhance quality of life and advance our mission to promote the betterment of public health.
The AMA offers employees a variety of virtual and in-person opportunities. You can:
- Volunteer time through health walks and group efforts to improve facilities and communities in need
- Donate money and resources through clothing drives, food pantries and school fundraisers
- Educate our neighbors about nutrition and growing fresh food through support of community gardens
AMA provides a comprehensive benefit package to meet the needs of our diverse employees and their families, including health insurance that covers both fertility and infertility services, dental, vision, family care benefits, caregiver leave, 401(k) and more.
AMA Wellness offerings provide employees with the resources and opportunities they need to stay healthy. AMA employees are encouraged to participate in our many virtual and in-person wellness events, including:
- Weekly fitness classes such as yoga, kickboxing and strength training
- Support and presentations on topics including mental health, blood pressure and meditation