The Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI) assists clinicians in achieving large-scale health care transformation. This initiative will provide technical assistance and support to more than 140,000 clinicians in integrating quality and process improvement strategies through clinical coaching and quality improvement assistance, as well as building upon and spreading existing change methodologies and transformation tools.
The TCPI selected the AMA as one of 39 health care collaborative networks to participate.
The value to physicians
As a Support and Alignment Network (SAN), the AMA provides technical assistance to our nation's physicians by improving the current quality of care, increasing patients' access to information and assisting physicians in moving through the phases of practice transformation.
In collaboration with the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services, the AMA:
- Promotes the TCPI goals to the broader health care community
- Uses the AMA STEPS Forward™ practice improvement strategies platform to develop and digitally host educational activities for TCPI participants
- Accelerates the maturation of clinical data registries
- Conducts annual collaborative events to elevate the capabilities of Practice Transformation Networks (PTNs) and SANs
Qualified clinical data registries
The AMA will coordinate resources and tools required to continue maturation at a pace consistent with the TCPI goals to accelerate the maturation of clinical data registries, enable practices to initiate quality improvement programs and adopt quality-based payment models.
The AMA has created a Quality Reporting and Qualified Clinical Data Registries (QCDR) resource collection on the STEPS Forward™ site to provide clinicians with the tools they need to become proficient QCDR users and assist in preparing clinicians for value-based care models.
Webinar series: Transforming your practice for success
AMA has a road map that incorporates a step-wise approach of five phases to reach practice transformation.
- Phase 1: If you are a member of TCPI, and have questions regarding Phase 1, please speak with your Quality Improvement Advisor. If you are not enrolled in TCPI, you may begin your practice transformation journey in Phase 2.
- Phase 2: Developing Goals for Your Transformation Strategy
- Phase 3: Performing in Practice on Transformation Aims
- Phase 4: Achieving Your Transformation Benchmarks
- Phase 5: Thriving in Alternative Payment Approaches (information will be posted once available)
DOWNLOAD THE 5 PHASES OF TRANSFORMATION CHART
Webinar series: Share, Listen, Speak, Learn
The Share, Listen, Speak, Learn (SL2) series makes resources available in 1 place and provides simple yet instructive information on topics that relate to TCPI goals. This series helps organizations and practices with health care transformation to value-based care by sharing the existing resources, listening and participating in the live events, joining the conversation in the AMA digital community and learning from the resources in the AMA Education Center.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]