The American Medical Association is proud to celebrate September as Women in Medicine Month. “Women in Medicine: Trailblazers, Advocates and Leaders” is this year’s theme.
- Participate. Show your support for Women in Medicine Day, Sept. 5, by using our our Women in Medicine Month Media Kit resources or posting photos of yourself at work or in the classroom using the hashtag #WIMMonth.
- Learn. Register for the AMA Women in Medicine webinar, "Promoting Gender Diversity in the Workplace," presented on Sept. 24 at noon Central time.
- Watch. View videos featuring remarkable accomplishments by women physicians.
- Discover. Read exciting stories about the 2019 Inspiration Award honorees on Sept. 16.
- Celebrate. On Sept. 12, learn about the 2019 Joan F. Giambalvo Fund for the Advancement of Women research grant winners.
- Socialize. Follow the AMA all month long on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram to see inspiring stories about women in medicine. #WIMMonth
- Network. Join the AMA Women Physicians Section Associates to identify emerging issues and hear updates from various medical societies.
- Advocate. Learn how the AMA can be your powerful ally in patient care by addressing issues that affect women in medicine and women’s health.
- Connect. Organize a Women in Medicine Month outreach event at your hospital or society.
- Join. Gain access to the AMA’s benefits and network with women in medicine by joining today. If you’re already a member, encourage a colleague to join!
The American Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The American Medical Association designates this webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.