The American Medical Association is proud to celebrate September as Women in Medicine Month. “Women in Medicine: Advancing Equity, Building on Change” is this year’s theme.
Find out how to get involved
- Participate. Show support for Women in Medicine by using the Women in Medicine Month social media kit resources or posting photos of yourself at work or in the classroom using the hashtag #WIMMonth.
- Learn. View a recording of the Sept. 17 webinar on gender equity in medicine. Explore ways medical education, leadership, development and medical practice can help promote gender equity in medicine.
- Join us Sept. 29, noon-1 p.m. Central, for a special negotiation workshop presented by the 2020 recipient of the Joan F. Giambalvo Fund for the Advancement of Women, Anees B. Chagpar, MD, MSc, MPH, MA, MBA, FACS, professor, Yale University. Subscribe to the AMA YouTube page for notification of this event and other new videos
- Watch. View a video featuring remarkable accomplishments by women physicians.
- Discover. Read exciting stories about the 2021 Inspiration Award honorees.
- Celebrate. Learn about the 2021 Joan F. Giambalvo Fund for the Advancement of Women research grant winners.
- Socialize. Follow the AMA all month long on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see inspiring stories about women in medicine. #WIMMonth
- Network. Join the AMA Women Physicians Section Associates to identify emerging issues and hear updates from various medical societies.
- Advocate. Learn how the AMA can be your powerful ally in patient care by addressing issues that affect women in medicine and women’s health.
- Join. Gain access to the AMA’s benefits and network with women in medicine by joining today. If you’re already a member, encourage a colleague to join!