The Medical Student Section (MSS) hosted over 250 medical students at the MSS meeting held Nov. 10-11, 2022, in Honolulu, Hawaii. Highlights include:
The following resolution highlights were addressed during the MSS meeting:
- The MSS discussed 40 resolutions and one report at the 2022 Medical Student Section Interim Meeting.
- The MSS transmitted over 30 items to the 2022 Interim Meeting of the AMA House of Delegates. The MSS transmittals covered several topics including coverage and reimbursement for abortion services, drug policy reform and indigenous data sovereignty.
The MSS hosted four live educational programs including:
- Monkeypox: A Public Health Concern, a Social Dilemma, and a Scientific Challenge
- Criminalization of Pregnancy
- The Alaska Tribal Health System: Showcasing Tribal Self-Determination
- Advancing Health Data Governance and Ethical AI in Healthcare
Congratulations to the 2023-2024 MSS chair-elect and student member to the AMA Board of Trustees:
- Chair-elect—Natasha Topolski
- Student member to the AMA Board of Trustees—Aliya Siddiqui