Academic physicians can register now to attend the 2016 AMA Academic Physicians Section (APS) Interim Meeting, Nov. 11 at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle. This event will be held prior to the annual meeting of the Association of American Medical Colleges, taking place Nov. 11-15.
The meeting begins at 1 p.m. (with an optional new member orientation/update at 10 a.m.). Meeting registration is free of charge.
Plan to attend this important event so that you can:
- Hear an update on the progress of the AMA's Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium
- Play a role in developing AMA medical education policy by reviewing, debating and voting on reports and resolutions to go before the AMA House of Delegates
- Participate in an education session on health systems science, the third pillar of medical education that has emerged from the work of the AMA’s Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium.
- Enjoy a networking reception with your academic physician colleagues nationwide, along with representatives of the 32 member medical schools of the AMA’s Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium
- Hear an update on the Academic Leadership Program, which offers 20 percent or higher discounts on AMA dues for medical school deans and faculty
More details to come soon. Be sure to check the AMA-APS web page to stay apprised of updates. Also, read a summary of the June 2016 AMA-APS meeting.
The AMA welcomes your feedback: Please email the section or call (312) 464-4635.