The AMA offers membership to international medical school graduates (IMGs) who are currently ECFMG-certified and are waiting to match into a U.S. residency program (GME position).
Annual membership dues rate: $45
If you are currently in a U.S. residency program or already practicing, you can join the AMA immediately.
Member benefits for ECFMG-certified IMGs
- Participate in the International Medical Graduates Section (IMGS), a membership group that advocates for issues that affect the international medical community such as licensure parity, discrimination and visa complications
- Access AMA’s Residency & Fellowship database, FREIDA™, which has advanced features to search, save, compare, analyze and rate residency or fellowship programs
- Access expert advice on contract terms, licensing and certification, and resident life
- Receive discounts on insurance programs designed to protect your financial future
- Find AMA-negotiated discounts on student loan refinancing
- Access savings for your personal and professional life including auto, travel, test prep and other services through AMA Member Benefits PLUS
- Full-access to the JAMA Network™ (print journal, online and audio subscription)
Join today and take advantage of the full benefits of AMA membership.
Please note you must be ECFMG-certified and not yet in a residency program or practice to be eligible for this program. Until your information has been confirmed and your membership processed, you will not have access to AMA member benefits.
For more information, please contact us at: [email protected].