Composition of the Specialty and Service Society
The Specialty and Service Society is made up of more than 130 national medical societies, military service groups and professional interest medical associations. The Specialty and Service Society meets twice annually in conjunction with the Interim and Annual Meetings of the AMA House of Delegates.
There are two categories of groups in the Specialty and Service Society: those societies that have seats in the House of Delegates and those seeking admission to the House.
The Specialty and Service Society includes the:
- Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American College of Correctional Physicians
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Venous Forum
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Association of Professors of Dermatology
- International Academy of Independent Medical Evaluators
- Korean American Medical Association
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
Read more about the AMA Specialty and Service Society.