Membership Moves Medicine™
An AMA membership means support and resources for new hypertension guidelines to reduce your patients' risk for heart disease.
Access educational resources
Learn evidence-based approaches to obtain accurate blood pressure readings, reduce clinical inertia and encourage patient self-management.
Partner with your patients
Patient-centered step by step communication guides to support adherence.
Join our digital community
Network with peers and collaborate on patient-focused approaches to improve blood pressure control.
Improve hypertension control in your patients
AMA’s STEPS Forward™ strategies help you to:
- Measure, Act and Partner (M.A.P.) to help patients control blood pressure
- Identify answers to commonly asked questions
- Access resources for implementing the strategies presented
- Connect with a consultant to guide your team through implementation
Partner with patients on hypertension guidelines
Target: BP™ initiative looks to reduce hypertension by:
- Encouraging patients to work with their physicians to create a treatment plan that focuses on a healthy lifestyle.
- Enabling Self-measured BP (SMBP) for your patients. SMBP can help better diagnose high BP and effectively manage patients.
- Providing a team-based solution that can be implemented with minimal disruption to your existing workflow.
- Providing a recognition program to recognize you for your efforts.
Patient-focused approaches to improve blood pressure control
Team with peers to:
- Learn about best practices to get patients to commit to a treatment plan
- Discuss and follow evidence-based treatment protocols