The AMA is committed to recognizing and honoring those who exemplify medicine's highest values: commitment to service, community involvement, altruism and leadership.
- Distinguished Service Award
- Citation for Distinguished Service
- AMA Medal of Valor
- Scientific Achievement Award
- American Medical Association Award for Citizenship and Community Service
- President's Citation for Service to the Public
- AMA Foundation Award for Health Education
- American Medical Association Foundation Award for Leadership in Medical Ethics and Professionalism
- Medical Executive Lifetime Achievement Award
- Medical Executive Meritorious Achievement Award
- Community Service Award
- Young at Heart Award
- Candidates may be nominated for more than one award
- Nominations for awards should be presented on an official awards nomination form
- Include a sponsor's statement and endorsement statements
- Include the candidates' curriculum vitae
- Submit the AMA awards nomination form (PDF) by the deadline of Feb. 25, 2021
- Email nominations to the House of Delegates at [email protected]
For additional information on AMA award nominations, contact Roger Brown at (312) 464-4344.
The mission of the AMA Foundation is to bring physicians and communities together to improve our nation’s health.
Available AMA Foundation awards and scholarships include:
- Excellence in Medicine Awards
- Joan F. Giambalvo Fund for the Advancement of Women
- Physicians of Tomorrow Scholarships (including the Underrepresented in Medicine category)
The AMA Physician’s Recognition Award (PRA) honors physicians who have demonstrated their commitment to patient care through continuing medical education (CME).