CHICAGO — To assist physicians on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, the American Medical Association (AMA) today highlighted the latest, comprehensive resources it has published and shared to ensure access to the latest news and information in a rapidly changing environment.
“Physicians are on the front line of the current COVID-19 pandemic and the AMA is working to ensure they have the information, resources and advocacy they need to care for patients and keep themselves safe,” said AMA President Patrice A. Harris, M.D., M.A. “The AMA continues to forcefully advocate for PPE and critical policy and regulatory changes needed to address our public health and health system needs. Because so many of the challenges of the pandemic are felt at a practice level, we are also providing new tools and information to help physicians respond.”
The COVID-19 physician and practice resources released by the AMA include:
- A Physicians Guide to COVID-19, to help physicians prepare their practices, address patient concerns and provide answers to physicians’ top questions;
- An AMA COVID-19 online resource center, and a COVID-19 FAQ that are updated each day with the latest information on the COVID-19 epidemic;
- A Quick Guide to Telemedicine in Practice, a new resource to help physicians implement remote care which can help achieve a dramatic increase in the nation’s telemedicine capacity;
- The AMA Journal of Ethics published ethical guidance for physicians to help them in making determinations about how to combat COVID-19;
- The JAMA Network COVID-19 Resource Center for evidence-based, actionable resources, plus videos of firsthand accounts from physicians on the front lines;
- CME for physicians through the JAMA Network’s JN Learning website, including COVID-19 epidemiology, infection control and prevention recommendations.
The AMA will continue to release additional resources in response to the urgent public health crisis to support physicians and the patients they care for.
AMA Media & Editorial
ph: (312) 464-4430
About the American Medical Association
The American Medical Association is the physicians’ powerful ally in patient care. As the only medical association that convenes 190+ state and specialty medical societies and other critical stakeholders, the AMA represents physicians with a unified voice to all key players in health care. The AMA leverages its strength by removing the obstacles that interfere with patient care, leading the charge to prevent chronic disease and confront public health crises and, driving the future of medicine to tackle the biggest challenges in health care.