Use or reprinting of CPT information in any product or publication requires either a distribution or internal-use license. Review the information provided before submitting an application for these licenses.
To obtain either, email the completed application form to CPT Intellectual Property Services at [email protected] or mail it to:
CPT Intellectual Property Services
American Medical Association
330 N. Wabash, Suite 39300
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Distribution licenses provide the nonexclusive right to use CPT data in content-added products (where CPT content is combined with other information). Reprinting of CPT material alone is not permitted.
- Royalties to use CPT material:
- Electronic or internet product: $15.50 per user, per product.
- Print publication royalty: $15.50 per distributed copy.
- Distribution may be in print, electronic media or over the internet, but the latter requires use of certain security features.
- International rights are available.
- Details regarding royalty reporting and payments are outlined in the distribution license agreement.
- Reports and payments are due quarterly or semiannually.
- A Minimum Annual Royalty Fee is due with the first royalty report and payment covering each calendar year.
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the completion of your license. A license contract will typically be sent to you within a month of your initial application. Additional time will be needed for your review of the agreement and for signature of the contract by both your company and the AMA.