Become an IPPS leader
The IPPS Governing Council provides strategic direction to the section and overseeing the section’s programs and activities. Council members are elected every two years by the IPPS assembly, with the next election scheduled for June 7 at the 2019 Annual Meeting. All positions are open for election at that time. However, please note that there will be no incumbent running for the following three seats:
- Two member at-large seats
- One small/medium health system slotted seat (organization of 350 or fewer physicians)
Nomination forms are due May 1. For more information about the IPPS Governing Council—including anticipated time commitments for each position—and to learn more about the election process, contact Carrie Waller at [email protected] or (312) 464-4546.
Join the Integrated Physician Practice Section
To become certified as an Integrated Physician Practice Section representative, please complete the certification form PDF and return it via email to [email protected]
Visit the IPPS Get Involved page for information on how to participate in IPPS committees.
Stay in the know with the IPPS newsletter
Be the first to get the latest news on integrated care by signing up for our monthly newsletter. Just follow these quick steps to get started:
- Sign in to the preferences page.
- On the left navigation, click on "Subscriptions."
- Click "Add New Subscriptions."
- Click on Member Sections (located in the middle of the page).
- Scroll down to select "Integrated Practice Physicians."
Have questions? Contact Carrie Waller at [email protected]
Physician-led integrated health systems
There are various factors to consider when deciding whether to join or align with a physician-led integrated health system and IPPS has developed A Guide to Joining or Aligning With a Physician-led Integrated Health System (sign in required) to assist you in your decision.
Whether a resident, physician in independent practice or a mid-career physician, the guide provides detailed analysis on various issues, including:
- Types of physician-led integrated health systems available
- Assessing the performance of a physician-led integrated health system
- Determining which physician-led integrated health system is the right fit
- Aligning options for independent practices
The mission of the Integrated Physician Practice Section is to advance, through policy and education, the interests of multispecialty, physician-led, integrated health care delivery, and groups actively working toward such systems of coordinated care.
The Governing Council recommends to the AMA Board of Trustees the appointments of representatives to medical education organizations, accrediting bodies and certification boards. Learn more about our governing council members who represent a broad spectrum of physician-led integrated systems and practice settings.