Find and purchase a new home or protect your home with ease with these benefits from AMA Member Benefits PLUS.
AMA members save 15% off, a free SimpliCam HD indoor camera and one month of complimentary professional monitoring with the purchase of a new SimpliSafe system. Because fear has no place at home. Get the latest offer!
Why health care professionals trust SimpliSafe
With SimpliCam, you can see and hear what’s happening at home anytime, anywhere and from any device with the SimpliSafe app. Watch live HD video, hear live audio and watch recorded video footage 24/7 from your smartphone, tablet or computer. And, since you can control the system from your smartphone, you can arm and disarm it with just a single touch.
- SimpliSafe is the fastest-growing home security company.
- It is protecting over four million people throughout the United States and the United Kingdom
- No long-term commitments. No hidden fees. No “gotchas.” Free shipping, plus free returns.
Industry-leading professional monitoring allows police to catch criminals in the act. Plus, there’s no need to worry about interference from power outages–SimpliSafe has backups built into backups.
AMA members must apply through www.laurelroad.com/ama to access these benefits.
Laurel Road offers practicing physicians or residents who are AMA members custom digital mortgages with low rates, whether you’re looking to purchase a home or refinance your current mortgage.
- Member benefit: As an AMA member, you get a 0.25% rate discount when getting a mortgage with Laurel Road.*
- No processing/application fee, a value of $1,095.*
- Up to $650 on your closing costs.*
Learn more to check your rate.
Laurel Road is a brand of KeyBank National Association. All products offered by KeyBank. NMLS# 399797. Equal Housing Lender. ©2023
KeyCorp® All Rights Reserved. Laurel Road is a federally registered service mark of KeyCorp. 3 Corporate Drive, 4th fl, Shelton, CT 06484.
Are you moving or planning to buy a new home? PhysicianLoans is the national leader in providing special home financing for physicians, and AMA members can access unique services and deals to help them achieve this milestone.
Physicians with high credit scores have a very low risk of default on residential mortgages even if they have high debt, few assets, or buy a home with little down. Normally, this can cause concern for underwriters who may approve the home loan but at higher rates. In contrast, PhysicianLoans focuses exclusively on serving the unique financial needs of doctors buying homes.
The PhysicianLoans program can offer financing with less money down than standard loans, plus no PMI and expanded underwriting guidelines. Additional benefits include:
- Lower monthly payments: No PMI and avoid jumbo rates.
- Less cash out of pocket: Less money down and even no money down available.
- Portfolio loan: Special underwriting guidelines allow higher debt ratios and close up to 90 days before starting a new job. This means you can qualify based on your new income months before you even start working.
- Expert guidance: Our loan officers stay with you throughout the home buying process, from early planning stages to pre-qualification, final approval and closing.
- Flexible loan programs: Does not count your full student loans against you, and no pre-payment penalty. Not to mention flexibility is important during a resident’s life when schedules are constantly changing.
- Free member bonus: Enjoy peace of mind with three months of home warranty coverage for AMA members who buy a home using either the physicians mortgage loan or the real estate agent matching services. Simply submit your form once you are under contract to ensure the free warranty is set up in time before closing on your new home.
DRS Agent Network
The DRS Agent Network connects you to real estate agents familiar with the special needs, timing and considerations of physicians and their families at each career stage.
Many physicians, especially those moving to a new city, have difficulties finding a trusted, reputable agent that helps them the way they need to be helped. DRS developed a pre-screening and vetting process to ensure that the agents helping physicians are among the best suited to work with physicians.
Save time and money: Complete a short form with your contact information, housing requirements, and any comments you would like to share with the agent. Quickly get matched with a trusted DRS Agent in the city you are interested in before you arrive there—even if you don’t plan to purchase for several months. Since there is no cost and obligation, it does not hurt to hear what the person you are matched with has to say.
Work with a pro: All full-time agents are vetted and specialize in serving the medical community. Each agent is highly knowledgeable about the local community and is the one best suited to meet a physician’s needs. Each agent is prepared to answer your questions about the neighborhood, schools, taxes and local housing trends to help narrow your search.
Free member bonus: Enjoy peace of mind with three months of home warranty coverage for AMA members who buy a home using either the physicians mortgage loan or the real estate agent matching services
The home buying and selling process shouldn’t be scary! A good relocation real estate agent will be able to provide you with all the information you need ahead of your move.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Additional terms and conditions apply, including verification of current AMA membership status.