As an association of engaged physicians who have trusted connections to millions of patients, the AMA is a leading voice that informs, guides and generates support for policies that advance meaningful initiatives—ones that address the concerns most relevant to all patients and physicians.
Learn about the AMA’s recent advocacy achievements.
Get additional information about the AMA's legislative and regulatory priorities.
- Administrative simplification advocacy
- AMA vision on health care reform
- Liability & risk in digital health innovation
- FDA issues
- HIPAA compliance
- Preventing heart disease
- Advocating for diabetes prevention
- Ending nation’s overdose epidemic
- Save graduate medical education
- COVID-19 response and relief
- Surprise medical bills
- Data sharing, privacy and security
- Maternal health
- LGBTQ health
- Medicare expansion
Visit the Federal and State Correspondence Finder for federal and state correspondence documents from the AMA.