This year’s updates to Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes and guidelines for documenting E/M services align E/M codes for a variety of settings of care with the landmark revisions to E/M office visit codes in 2021.
Now that these updates have been in use across key areas of care, including hospital inpatient and observation care, consultations, emergency department, nursing facility, home or residence services, as well as prolonged services, AMA is providing this virtual check-in to keep physicians and practices up-to-speed.
On Thursday, May 25, at 11 a.m. Central, join the American Medical Association (AMA) for a free webinar led by the authorities on the E/M reforms. The discussion will cover:
- Feedback the AMA has received from physicians and clinical staff
- How the CPT Editorial Panel has clarified guidelines in response to this feedback
- How the CPT codes provide consistency with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Final Rule for 2023
- Areas that still need to be addressed
- AMA resources that support use of the updated codes
- Barbara Levy, MD, vice-chair, AMA CPT® Editorial Panel
- Peter Hollmann, MD, Member, AMA/Specialty Society Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC)
- Leslie Prellwitz, MBA, CCS, CCS-P, director, CPT® content management & development, AMA
- Lori Prestesater, senior vice president, health solutions, AMA