Membership in the AMA also comes with benefits specially tailored to professionals like you. In addition to discounts and savings for your health, home and practice, as an AMA member, you can also take advantage of leadership opportunities, access research and clinical information, attend exclusive events where you can play a direct role in the future of health care, and more.
Physicians turn to the JAMA Network™ for world-class peer-reviewed research, opinion and clinical information that affect the entire medical community. All members receive free online access to the JAMA Network™, which includes JAMA®, JAMA Network Open™ and 10 specialty journals. In addition, members can also:
- Take JAMA on the go with the JN Listen™ audio CME app. Listen to the Clinical Reviews podcast from JAMA and complete a short quiz for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- Earn CME credit and fulfill MOL and CME requirements on JN Learning™, home for all JAMA Network CME.
AMA Morning Rounds®
Start your day with a quick digest of all the news and developments you and your patients need to know in one handy digital newsletter. Curated from more than 3,000 major newspapers, magazines and journals, Morning Rounds® delivers the top stories in health care to your inbox Monday–Friday.
AMA Ed Hub™
A physician’s career includes lifelong learning, licensure and certification. The AMA Ed Hub™ offers nearly 6,000 activities on clinical and interdisciplinary topics from a variety of trusted sources, including more than 2,000 in CME.
Browse clinical, practice transformation and professionalism topics with automated credit tracking and reporting for a growing number of state and specialty boards. Members may access all courses.
AMA member events
Meet and learn at AMA events. Many also include an extra discount with an AMA membership. Some meetings also include CME credit. Events include:
- Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates
- Interim Meeting of the House of Delegates
- AMA Research Challenge
- National Advocacy Conference
- AMA State Advocacy Summit
- AMA Medical Student Advocacy Conference
Member sections (groups)
Dive deeper into the issues that personally affect you by joining member sections within the AMA. Member sections help shape AMA policy and offer leadership opportunities, including the chance to run for a position on a governing council.
The 12 member sections include:
- Academic Physicians
- Advisory Committee on LGBTQ Issues
- Integrated Physician Practices
- International Medical Graduates
- Medical Students
- Minority Affairs
- Organized Medical Staff
- Private Practice Physicians
- Residents & Fellows
- Senior Physicians
- Women Physicians
- Young Physicians