Enhanced Search Features
- Search or sort by specialty, state, keyword, institution name, or program or institution ID number.
- Compare key program features with the comparison list.
- Compare your USMLE® or COMLEX-USA® scores with current residents’ scores, and learn if you qualify for an interview.
- View the Specialty Training Statistics page to understand the typical program in each specialty and subspecialty.
- Visit the Graduates’ Career Plans page to learn about recent graduates.
- Access the database for free with required AMA login.
Members-only Features of the Residency and Fellowship Database
Members can save search results into the comparison list and dashboard to further organize, compare and analyze programs of interest. Using the dashboard, members can add personal notes and contact details as well as store personal ratings and opinions on programs. Join the AMA to improve your career research.
How Program Data is Sourced
Program data on FREIDA Online comes primarily from the programs themselves via the GME Track/National GME Census, an annual online survey jointly conducted by the American Medical Association and the Association of American Medical Colleges. The “Last updated” date found on the first page of each program’s listing shows how recently program information has been added to FREIDA Online. The “Survey received” date shows when the program completed its survey. Hospital facilities information on institutions involved in graduate medical education is provided by Health Forum®, LLC, an affiliate of the American Hospital Association.
Find currently open residency or fellowship positions on the Residency and Fellowship Vacancies page.
For questions, comments or suggestions, contact [email protected], follow us on Twitter @MedEdFREIDA or call (800) 266-3966.
Program directors/administrators are encouraged to update information throughout the year. Program information comes primarily from the annual National GME Census (GME Track®). The AMA understands that all institutions listed in FREIDA Online, the AMA Residency & Fellowship Database, are required by law to include the phrase “EEO/M/F/D/V” on any information that is used for public view.