The Ethics Group Internship Program offers candidates first-hand insight to the formation of AMA ethics policy. Interns provide support for ongoing Ethics Group projects and initiatives. The internship is a part-time position located at the AMA headquarters in downtown Chicago offering a flexible schedule.
"I'm a graduate student at the University of Chicago, where I study biomedical informatics. My research and career interests are ethical and legal issues in clinical informatics. I enjoy playing ball and cuddling with my mini poodle, Einstein."
Filzah Iqbal, Ethics Group Intern
- Be enrolled in an academic program at the time of the internship.
- Knowledge of basic principles and concepts of medical ethics.
- Conduct primary literature research on a wide variety of medical ethics issues.
- Assist in drafting reports of the Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs (CEJA).
- Prepare summaries of articles of ethics or policy interest.
- Contribute to the AMA Journal of Ethics.
- Summer Term Mid-May through mid-August Application deadline: Feb. 28
- Fall Term Mid-September through mid-December Application deadline: June 30
- Winter/Spring Term Mid-January through mid-April Application deadline: Sept. 30
To apply, submit the following materials to Tom Wagner, [email protected]. Please indicate if eligible for academic credit through your academic institution.
- Cover letter.
- Resume, relevant coursework highlighted.
- Short writing sample illustrative of ethics or health-related work or a 500-word explanation of your interest in bioethics and a desire to work at the AMA.
Applicants will be contacted only if they qualify for an interview.