Explore ways the AMA is reforming medical education, preventing diseases and conditions that affect the public and fighting legislative and legal battles that ease the bureaucratic burden on physicians and put patients first.
The AMA's 2017 annual report provides an overview of how the association is driven by evidenced-based research, strategic analysis and insight, and its unmatched commitment to understanding and amplifying the physician voice in arenas that matter most: advocacy, health policy, technology, life-long learning, governance, medical ethics, public health and clinical care.
Report highlights include:
- New programs: Platforms that help physicians and health teams to partner with patients, communities and public and private-sector organizations to enhance the delivery of care.
- Health care and technology: Bringing the physician voice into technology and leading the way for improved digital medicine adoption.
- Collaboration: Protecting patient care and defending physicians’ right to free speech, and medical staff representation and independence.
- Physician professional satisfaction: Working with physicians to advance initiatives that will help them navigate and succeed in a continually evolving environment.
- Protecting patient care: Addressing chronic disease and putting patients before politics.
- Financial position and cash flows