In a year that marked the organization’s 175th anniversary, the AMA in 2022 continued to fight relentlessly—through the courts, in the halls of Congress and in state legislatures across the country—on behalf of physicians and patients.
Bold, actionable and designed to extend into 2023 and beyond, the AMA Recovery Plan for America’s Physicians is powering progress in five areas of strategic priority:
- Fixing prior authorization to reduce the burden on practices and minimize patient care delays
- Reforming the Medicare payment system to ensure financial stability and predictability
- Stopping scope-of-practice expansions that put patient safety at risk
- Reducing physician burnout and addressing the stigma around mental and behavioral health
- Supporting telehealth to extend gains in coverage and payment