Each year, the Medical Student Section regions host Physicians of the Future Summits which allow for educational programs and further discussion on leadership development relevant to each region and its membership.
Medical students will have the opportunity at the summit to learn how to grow their leadership skills and use these skills to advocate for the medical profession.
Physicians of the Future Summit-Region 4 is being held virtually Jan. 28, 2023.
Summits plenary session
All regions will convene for a joint session on Jan. 28 from noon.-1:50 p.m. Central, which will be followed by separate region summits.
Information on how to access the meeting will be posted once available.
Plenary session agenda (all times are Central)
Please log in by 11:50 a.m.
- Achieving Health Equity: Habits of Mind for Social Justice Warriors
- Developing Leadership as a Young Physician
- 5 Things Program Directors Look for in a CV and Residency Application
Download the plenary session agenda as a PDF.
Region 4 agenda (all times are Central)
Region leadership welcome & introductions
Learning by Doing—Building Future Physician Leaders
- Benjamin L. Crews, Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Britton Ethridge, Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Michael Steadman, Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
Region 4 Virtual Poster Symposium
Virtual Poster Symposium Awards Ceremony
Download the region 4 agenda as a PDF.
Additional Physicians of the Future Summits
Visit the other region summit pages for details of their events.
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 1
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 2
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 3
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 5
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 6
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 7