The International Conference on Physician Health™ (ICPH) is held in collaboration with the American Medical Association, the Canadian Medical Association and the British Medical Association. This year’s theme was “Increasing Joy in Medicine” and the presentations showcased research and perspectives into physicians’ health and offered practical, evidence-based skills and strategies to promote a healthier culture for physicians. Here are some of the highlights of the conference:
- Over 450 professionals from around the world were in attendance
- Sixty-six concurrent sessions in the form of oral presentations and workshops were offered
- Over 50 posters were on display
- Keynote and plenary speakers included such experts as Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, Dr. Saki Santorelli, Dr. Suzie Brown, Dr. Christine Sinsky, Dr. Jennifer Steller, Dr. Deborah Cohen, Dr. Lislotte Dyrbye, Dr. Genevieve Moinéau, Dr. William Tierney and Jonathan Bush.
- A total of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ were available to those in attendance. The last day to claim CME credit was Oct. 30, 2016.
Thank you to all of our colleagues who presented at, or attended this engaging conference. We appreciate your time and energy. We hope that you all return to your professions with a renewed spirit of resiliency in order to continue your important work for taking care of yourselves, your patients and conducting research.