Establishing workflows that support team-based care will enhance your practice productivity and the experience of your patients. This collection of AMA STEPS Forward® Practice Innovation Strategies offers proven approaches to help you implement team-based care to save time, redistribute and share responsibilities with your team, and allow you to provide better care.
Anyone interested in process improvement, time-saving workflows, efficiency of practice and physician well-being can benefit from the content outlined and linked to within this playbook.
"While burnout manifests in individuals, it originates in systems."—Christine Sinsky, MD
Save time for your patients and your practice to achieve high-quality and efficient patient care.
- Taming the EHR Playbook
- Annual Prescription Renewal
- Pre-Visit Laboratory Testing
- Pre-Visit Planning
- Team-Based Care
- Advanced Rooming and Discharge Protocols
- Daily Team Huddles
- Team Meetings
- Patient Pre-Registration
Time-saving strategies: Beyond the basics
Explore how to design practice workflows, train your team, improve efficiency and workflow and more.
- Team Documentation
- Optimizing Space
- Medication Management
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)
- Embedding Pharmacists Into the Practice
- Team-Based Care in Resident Clinics
- Panel Management
- Patient Care Registries
- Revenue Cycle Management
Webinars provide proven approaches to help you implement team-based care to save time, redistribute and share responsibilities with your team, and allow you to provide better care.
Explore real-world examples of how practices implement time-saving strategies.
- Saving Time: Improving Patient Experiences. Ron Chacko, MD, associate medical director, talks about Heartland Health’s perspective on implementing STEPS Forward® practice improvement strategies.
- Saving Time: Improving Patient Visits. Clinical care team duo Jeffrey Panzer, MD and Leyly Velasquez chat about Heartland Health Center’s team-based care perspective.
- Saving Time: Improving Team Engagement. Jeffrey Panzer, MD, medical director of quality & innovation, talks about the benefits of implementing team-based care at Heartland Health Center’s Albany Park practice.
Stay in the loop on time management in health care, innovations and emerging issues impacting physicians and public health today.
- Reducing Pajama Time and Work Outside of Work (WOW) (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Debunking Regulatory Myths (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Treating Attention as an Asset (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Small Interventions Matter (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Training Medical Assistants as Encounter Specialists (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Improve Practice Efficiency with EHR Quick Wins (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Telemedicine is a Team Effort (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visit (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Expanded rooming & discharge protocols (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Pre-visit labs lead to richer conversations (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
- Building trust to support medication adherence (Apple Podcasts | Spotify)
Explore the latest on advanced models of team-based care.
- Telemedicine and Team-based care: The Perils and the Promise (Mayo Clinic Proceedings)
- Influence of environmental design on team interactions across 3 family medicine clinics: perceptions of communication, efficiency and privacy (HERD)
- TEAM approach reduced wait time, improved "face" time (JFP)
- Advanced team-based care: How we made it work (MDEdge, subscription required)
- Powering-Up Primary Care Teams: Advanced team care with in-room support (Annals of Family Medicine)
- Implementing Optimal Team-Based Care to Reduce Clinician Burnout (PDF) (National Academy of Medicine)