If you need coding resources for your practice, CPT® Assistant is the AMA’s official source for proper Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code usage. The CPT code set drives communication across health care to ultimately help improve care delivery. The AMA has resources to help you accurately bill procedures and medical services with the CPT code set.
Explore the CPT Assistant newsletter to get CPT coding support with the latest guidance and best practices. AMA members can access CPT Assistant in various formats:
- A searchable online archive subscription, including both the current issue and all past articles, with over 30 years of historical reference material. These articles address the latest medical codes and trends, FAQs and more. AMA members earn a discounted annual subscription rate.
- An easily-accessible, on-the-go CPT QuickRef app. You can download the free app and register for a 14-day preview before purchasing a subscription.
- As licensed content to integrate into encoders or other tools.
CPT Assistant helps you code accurately and efficiently while providing clinical scenarios that will help clarify complex codes for you. It also offers key insights and tips on newly approved or revised codes. CPT Assistant has been instrumental to many in the coding community for:
- Appealing insurance denials
- Validating coding to auditors
- Training staff
- Answering day-to-day questions that arise with applying the CPT code set correctly
CPT Assistant Online is a fully searchable archive of all new and previously published CPT Assistant articles. You can access articles that educate the industry on proper CPT coding for past, present, and future code set releases. The online archive features examples, descriptions and illustrations that help explain the practical application of each new code. Other benefits include:
- Homepage alerts when the latest issue is available
- Official interpretations of guideline changes from the CPT Editorial Panel
- Unlimited access to every article written in CPT Assistant since 1990
- Simple search capabilities by keyword, phrase, code number or article index
- Anatomical illustrations, charts and graphs
- Answers to frequently asked questions