Annually, the Medical Student Section regions host Physicians of the Future Summits which allow for educational programs and further discussion on policy development relevant to each region and its membership.
In 2022 the region summits were held virtually Feb. 5.
- Congratulations to the first Annual Region 1 Award winners: Alec Calac, Dhruv Puri, Christopher Le, Sarah Holzmann
- In case you missed it: Andy Hyatt, MD, psychiatry PGY-4 presented an introduction to unions in residency and Matthew Wynia, MD, discussed lessons to be learned from the role of the medical profession in Nazi Germany.
- Region 1 mates got to know one another while breaking out of a virtual escape room. Hope to see you all at next year's next region meeting!
This year all regions convened for a joint session on Feb. 5 from noon.-2 p.m. Central, which was followed by separate region summits.
See the agenda tab for more information on the region 2 summit, or download the PDF.
The summit was held on the Zoom platform.
Visit the other region summit pages for details of their events.
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 2
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 3
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 4
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 5
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 6
- Physicians of the Future Summit—Region 7
Joint session agenda (Central time)
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
GRAF and BOT updates
Brittany Ikwuagwu, MSS Government Relations Advocacy Fellow; Drayton Harvey, student member on AMA Board of Trustees
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Region 1 agenda (Central time)
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Unions, residency and you
Andy Hyatt, MD, PGY-4, psychiatry, Committee of Interns and Residents
3:35 pm - 4:35 pm
Medicine in the Nazi era: Learn from the past, understand the present, protect the future
Matthew Wynia, MD, MPH, professor, CU School of Medicine and Colorado School of Public Health
4:45 pm - 5:00 pm
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Social event: virtual escape room