AMA-OMSS Meetings & Events
The 2016 OMSS Annual Meeting will be held June 9-11 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
Subscribe to the OMSS email list to be notified when additional information about the meeting becomes available.
Registration will open in March.
Hotel reservation information is not yet available.
At its 2016 Annual Meeting, the OMSS Assembly will elect members to the following Governing Council positions for the 2016-2018 term:
- Vice Chair
- Alternate Delegate
All candidates must submit an Election Application. Applications received by May 10 will be included in the OMSS meeting handbook.
Resolutions may be submitted by individual OMSS Representatives or by state society medical staff sections. Resolutions must be submitted to the AMA Department of Organized Medical Staff Services no later than 40 days before the commencement of the Assembly Meeting at which they will be considered.
- The resolution submission deadline for the 2016 OMSS Annual Meeting is April 30, 2016.
Note: A state medical staff section that adjourns its meeting after or less than seven days before the 40-day deadline is permitted to submit resolutions up to 7 days after the close of its meeting. In any event, all resolutions must be submitted no later than 10 days before the meeting.
All resolutions submitted after the deadlines described above, but before 4:00 p.m. the day before the meeting begins, will be considered “late” and will require a 2/3 vote of the OMSS Assembly in order to be considered.
Resolution Writing Resources
The following resources are intended to help guide you through the process of writing a relevant, high-quality OMSS resolution:
- OMSS resolutions should be written and submitted on the OMSS resolution template which, in addition to providing formatting guidance, contains helpful hints about what makes for a well-written resolution.
- View a sample resolution.
- The AMA House of Delegates has adopted extensive policy on a range of organized medical staff issues. Be sure to search existing policy using AMA PolicyFinder before writing a resolution. In particular, you may wish to consult the portions of AMA policy addressing medical staff issues.
- Review the OMSS Internal Operating Procedures pertaining to the submission and consideration of resolutions.
- Please contact AMA staff with any questions about the resolution process or for assistance in developing your resolution.
Although all AMA members are invited to attend the OMSS meeting, only certified OMSS representatives are permitted to fully participate in the meeting (e.g., submit resolutions, make motions, vote).
OMSS representatives play a key role in the functioning of the Section. In addition to representing the interests and concerns of their medical staffs at biannual OMSS meetings, OMSS representatives serve as a two-way conduit for the transfer of vital information between the OMSS and medical staffs across the country. We hope that you will consider fully participating in the activities of the Section by becoming an OMSS representative today!
Contact the OMSS with any questions about becoming an OMSS representative.