Complete the membership application to join or renew and enjoy the benefits of being an AMA member.
Physician Outreach Leaders Program
The Physician Outreach Leaders Program supports physicians’ present efforts and their desire to do more for the profession. Members can receive recognition, earn rewards and be eligible to receive AMA support for outreach activities.
The program recognizes and rewards standout efforts in building physician engagement. Demonstrating the value of being an involved AMA member can make your own involvement more meaningful.
- Be publicly recognized at AMA events as an active representative of physicians in organized medicine
- Earn points-based rewards for recruiting physicians, residents and students
- Request our help with your outreach events or speaking activities that highlight the benefits of AMA membership
Become a Physician Outreach Leader today by registering through the Outreach Dashboard. The process takes less than 5 minutes.
Ways to Connect with Colleagues
Reaching out to potential AMA members is easy. Here are a few ideas:
- Share information at resident orientations, teaching rounds and hospital staff meetings
- Participate at AMA events as an outreach leader or organize events/activities in the community
- Send personalized communications to your prospects lists
- Keep colleagues up-to-date with summaries of key resolutions, advocacy efforts and litigation wins
- Submit a summary of AMA accomplishments and activities to the local medical society newsletter
- Let your alma mater know exactly how much the AMA Foundation donated to the state and school
Be sure to mention all the benefits a physician, resident or student receives when they become an AMA member.
If you have an idea for recruiting and leadership activities, the Outreach Leaders Program may be able to provide funding and administrative support. If interested, email [email protected] to request an application. (All proposed events/activities subject to approval.)
The Outreach Dashboard is a web-based tool used to manage and develop prospect lists, claim recruiting activity and select rewards. Log into the Outreach Dashboard and start earning points today.
Earn points based on the number of members you recruit and retain, then select such gifts as AMA Store coupons, resident AMA memberships or Amazon gift cards.
- Earn 300 points for each new physician you recruit.
- Earn 100 points for each new resident you recruit.
- Earn 50 points for each new student you recruit.
Level 1: 50 Minimum Points
- 1 free AMA resident membership
- $25 AMA bookstore certificate
- $25 Amazon reward card
Level 2: 350 Minimum Points
- 2 free AMA resident memberships
- $50 AMA bookstore certificate
- $50 Amazon reward card
Level 3: 1,350 Minimum Points
- 4 free AMA resident memberships
- $75 AMA bookstore certificate
- $75 Amazon reward card
Level 4: 2,350 Minimum Points
- 8 free AMA resident memberships
- $100 AMA bookstore certificate
- $100 Amazon reward card
Level 5: 3,000 Minimum Points
- 12 free AMA resident memberships
- $150 AMA bookstore certificate
- $150 Amazon reward card
Level 6: 3 Consecutive Years over 3,000
- 20 free AMA resident memberships
- $300 AMA bookstore certificate
- $300 Amazon reward card
As a Physician Outreach Leader you also gain important recognition within the physician community through your interactions with colleagues at AMA events and other activities. Contact us at [email protected] to learn about a variety of recognition opportunities.