- Indiana University School of Medicine
- Conflict of Interest
- Members Only
AMA Affiliated Groups
- Medical Student Section Representative,
- Women Physicians Section (WPS) Governing Council
- Student Representative,
- Medical Student Section (MSS) Councilors & Representatives
- [email protected]
Sarah Swiezy, a medical student at the Indiana University School of Medicine, has been elected to serve as the MSS representative on the AMA Women Physicians Section Governing Council for the 2021-22 term. She also serves as a student representative in the Medical Student Section (MSS).
The WPS is a member interest group within the AMA for women physicians and medical students. The Section Governing Council is responsible for increasing the membership, participation and leadership of women in the AMA as well as advocating on women’s health and women in medicine policy issues.
Ms. Swiezy is also a part of the rural medical education program at Indiana University School of Medicine. Upon graduation, she aspires to be an OB/GYN physician practicing in a rural, underserved community in Indiana. Ms. Swiezy received her bachelor's degree in biology and anthropology from Washington University in St. Louis.
Membership Moves Medicine™
- Free access to JAMA Network™ and CME
- Save hundreds on insurance
- Fight for physicians and patient rights