Nov. 12 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The RFS November 2021 Meeting will be held on a virtual platform. All times are Central.
Only credentialed delegates will be permitted to vote on policy matters and in elections. Credentialing is available from your state or specialty society through Sept. 29. Direct any questions to [email protected].
Information for accessing the virtual meeting will be posted once available.
Download the agenda (PDF).
- November meeting policymaking process update (PDF, members only)
- Delegates' report (PDF, members only)
- RFS Delegates report A: Sunset mechanism (PDF)
- Resolution 1: Bereavement leave for medical students and physicians (PDF)
- Resolution 2: Solicitation using the AMA brand (PDF)
- Resolution 3: Transparency of resolution fiscal notes (PDF)
- Resolution 4: Shortage of bedside nurses, nurse practitioner “diploma mills” and the effects on patient safety and quality care (PDF)
- Resolution 5: Preserving physician leadership in patient care (PDF)
- Resolution 6: Amend AMA Policy H-215.981 corporate practice of medicine (PDF)
- Resolution 7: Comparing student debt, earnings, work hours, and career satisfaction metrics in physicians v. other health professionals (PDF)
- Resolution 8: Medicare coverage of dental, vision, and hearing services (PDF)
- Resolution 9: Sunset of the interim meeting focus requirement and the Resolutions Committee (PDF)
- Resolution 10: Recognition of national anti-lynching legislation as public health initiative (PDF)
- Resolution 11: Improvement of care and resource allocation for homeless persons in the global pandemic (PDF)
- Resolution 12: Affirmatively protecting the safety and dignity of physicians and medical students as workers (PDF)
The following dates and deadlines have been established for RFS policymaking leading up to the 2021 November Meeting:
- Sept. 20 (11:59 p.m. Central): Final resolutions due
- Sept. 27: (Noon Central): Virtual Reference Committee opens
- Oct. 8: (11:59 pm Central): Virtual Reference Committee closes
- Sept. 30: Virtual live testimony session
- Nov. 1: Reference Committee report released
- Nov. 4-5: Virtual vote on AMA HOD immediate forwards
Read more about the RFS policymaking process.
New to the policymaking process? Access our new education module, How AMA Policy is Made, and learn how RFS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
Visit the RFS online member forum to review and comment on policy proposals that will be discussed at the meeting. The deadline to submit comments for consideration by the RFS reference committee is Oct. 8.
Give live testimony via Zoom on Sept. 30, 5:30—7:30 p m. Central. This session will be recorded and shared with the Reference Committee for consideration.
Programs and activities of the RFS are directed by a seven-member governing council elected annually by members of the section. Positions up for election at the November 2021 Meeting:
- Sectional and alternate sectional delegates
Applications closed Sept. 20.
RFS is seeking volunteers for various convention committees:
- Reference Committee
- Rules Committee
- Logistics Committee
Applications closed Sept. 20.
Review the AMA Code of Conduct for ensuring professional and ethical behavior at AMA events and functions, and the association's zero tolerance for any type of harassing conduct.