The Resident and Fellow Section (RFS) met virtually on Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6, with more than 150 residents and fellows representing a state and specialty society.
The RFS Assembly considered three reports and 17 resolutions prompting robust discussion on important issues such as:
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on Graduate Medical Education
- The impact of private equity on medical training
- Scope of practice
- COVID-19 vaccine rollout to emergency departments and urgent care facilities
The section immediately transmitted three resolutions to the House of Delegates for consideration at the June 2021 Special Meeting. Learn more about these resolutions and reports.
Congratulations to the members elected to the 2020-2021 RFS Governing Council:
- Vice chair: Caitlin Farrell, DO, MPH
- Speaker: Sophia Spadafore, MD
- Vice speaker: Trishna Narula, MD, MPH
- Delegate: Ray Lorenzoni, III, MD
- Alternate delegate: Dan Pfeifle, MD
- Member at-large: Breyen Coffin, MD
The section also endorsed Karen Dionesotes, MD, MPH, for the resident seat on the Council on Science and Public Health.