The Private Practice Physicians Section (PPPS) held its June 2022 Section Meeting Friday, June 10, 2022. This virtual meeting was attended by more than 50 private practice physicians and invited guests. Attendees were pleased to see the ongoing support for this new Section and robust engagement.
The section transmitted six resolutions to the House of Delegates for consideration at its June 2022 Meeting.
- Resolution 0: Heyman Memorial Resolution
- Resolution 1: Advocacy of Private Practice Options for Healthcare Operations in Large Corporations
- Resolution 2: Maintaining an Open and Equitable Hospital Work Environment for Specialists
- Resolution 3: Prior Authorization – Patient Autonomy
- Resolution 5: Physician Payment Reform & Equity
- Resolution 6: Stakeholder Engagement in Medicare Administrative Contractor Policy Processes
The section voted to provide support for a variety of AMA House of Delegates resolutions, including:
- Resolution 110: Private Payor Payment Integrity
- Resolution 238: COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Forgiveness for Physician Groups of Five or Fewer Physicians
- Resolution 243: Appropriate Physician Payment for Office-Based Services
- CMS Report 02: Prospective Payment Model Best Practices for Independent Private Practice
Attendees heard a presentation by Jay Crosson, MD, and Ambar LaForgia, MD, addressing private equity acquisition of physician practices. PPPS Chair M. Zuhdi Jasser, MD, provided additional context from the private practice perspective and moderated the session Q&A.
PPPS—Private equity acquisition of physician practices: An argument for updated AMA ethical principles
Learn more about PPPS and how to become more engaged.