June 10 | 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Central | Hyatt Regency Chicago
Information about the June 2022 PPPS Meeting will be provided as it becomes available. For information about the House of Delegates meeting visit the Annual Meeting of the HOD page.
The Board of Trustees recently adopted a health and safety protocol that will be in place for the meeting. Please be aware that this protocol is the minimum requirement while noting that the Board continues to monitor the environment and may implement more stringent requirements as the meeting approaches.
This protocol applies to all attendees, including section members, delegates, alternate delegates and all guests.
Visit the travel, hotel and child care page to reserve a room, book a flight, find out about child care and more.
- PPPS meeting agenda (PDF)
- PPPS 2022 Annual Meeting policy proceedings (PDF)
- PPPS consent calendar (PDF)
- PPPS Governing Council Report A (PDF)
- PPPS Reference Committee report (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 0: Heyman Memorial resolution (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 1: Advocacy of private practice in health care (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 2: Open and Equitable Hospital Environment (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 3: Prior authorization patient autonomy (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 4: Outsourcing clinical work (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 5: Physician payment reform and equity (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 6: Stakeholder engagement in Medicare admin (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 7: Complexity of the US Healthcare System (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 8: AMA Advocacy Philosophy–Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 9: Judicial Enforcement of Physician Rights–CMS Violations of the Law (PDF)
- PPPS resolution 10: CPT Licensing Categories for Licensees Imposing Fees on Physicians (PDF)
- PPPS late resolution 1: Resolution transparency and accuracy of credentials at each encounter (PDF)
- PPPS policy proceedings: November 2021 meeting (PDF)
Visit the education sessions page for details on sessions, including times and CME opportunities.
Contribute to PPPS policymaking efforts by submitting a resolution for consideration at the June 2022 PPPS Meeting. The resolution submission deadline was May 15. View the online member forum and direct any questions to [email protected].
New to the policy-making process? Access our education module, How AMA Policy is Made and learn how PPPS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
Visit the PPPS online member forum to review policy proposals that will be discussed at the meeting. Items will be posted as they become available. The deadline to submit comments for consideration by the PPPS reference committee was May 15.
The PPPS Assembly will vote at the June 2022 meeting for these open positions on the governing council:
- Alternate delegate
- Member at-large (from a practice with one to eight physicians)
- Member at-large (from a practice with nine to 50 physicians)
Applications were due April 29 at 1:59 a.m. Central. Visit the PPPS elections page for information on the candidates running for office.
PPPS is seeking volunteers for various meeting leadership positions:
- Reference Committee
- Candidate Interview Committee
Email [email protected] to learn more and volunteer.
While any AMA member may attend PPPS meetings, only credentialed members are permitted to make motions, vote, and so forth. Become a PPPS member today!
Find instructions on downloading and accessing the app for the 2022 Annual Meeting.