June 9–10 | Hyatt Regency Chicago
Information about the June 2022 OMSS Meeting will be provided as it becomes available. For information about the House of Delegates meeting visit the Annual Meeting of the HOD page.
The Board of Trustees recently adopted a health and safety protocol that will be in place for the meeting. Please be aware that this protocol is the minimum requirement while noting that the Board continues to monitor the environment and may implement more stringent requirements as the meeting approaches.
This protocol applies to all attendees, including section members, delegates, alternate delegates and all guests.
Visit the travel, hotel and child care page to reserve a room, book a flight, find out about child care and more.
- OMSS meeting agenda (PDF)
- OMSS 2022 Annual Meeting policy proceedings (PDF)
- OMSS consent calendar (PDF)
- OMSS Reference Committee report (PDF)
- OMSS Governing Council report (PDF)
- OMSS Resolution 0 - Memorial resolution: William B. Monnig, M.D. (PDF)
- OMSS Resolution 1 - Maintaining an open and equitable hospital work environment for specialists (PDF)
- OMSS Resolution 2 - Promoting proper oversight and reimbursement for specialty physician extenders and non-physician providers (PDF)
- OMSS Resolution 3 - Protecting physician wellbeing on board certification applications (PDF)
- OMSS Resolution 4 - Clarification of healthcare provider identification: consumer truth & transparency (PDF)
- OMSS Resolution 5 - Creation of United Nations “Dr. Saul Hertz Theranostic Nuclear Medicine” International Day (PDF)
- OMSS Resolution 6 - Opposition to criminalization of physicians’ medical practice (PDF)
- OMSS Resolution 7 - Virtual attendance at AMA meetings (PDF)
- OMSS Resolution 8 - Physician medical license use in clinical supervision (PDF)
- OMSS policy proceedings of the November 2021 Meeting (PDF)
Visit the education sessions page for details on sessions, including times and CME opportunities.
Contribute to OMSS policymaking efforts by submitting a resolution for consideration at the June 2022 OMSS Meeting. The resolution submission deadline is May 15. Submit resolutions in the online member forum and direct any questions to [email protected].
New to the policy-making process? Access our education module, How AMA Policy is Made and learn how OMSS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
Visit the OMSS online member forum between Feb. 7 and May 20 to review and comment on policy proposals that will be discussed at the meeting. Items will be posted as they become available. The deadline to submit comments for consideration by the OMSS reference committee is May 20.
The OMSS Assembly will vote at the June 2022 meeting for these open positions on the governing council:
- Vice chair
- Alternate delegate
- Member at-large (two positions)
Applications closed April 29. Visit the OMSS elections page for information on the candidates running for office.
OMSS is seeking volunteers for various meeting leadership positions including:
- Reference Committee
- Committee on Late Resolutions
- Candidate Interview Committee
Email [email protected] to learn more and volunteer.
OMSS representatives are selected by their medical staff peers to represent the interests and concerns of their medical staffs. While all AMA members may attend OMSS meetings, only certified representatives are permitted to make motions, vote, etc. Become an OMSS representative today!
Find instructions on downloading and accessing the app for the 2022 Annual Meeting.