Lawrence K. Monahan, MD
- Internal Medicine
- LewisGale Medical Center, Salem, Virginia
- Conflict of Interest
- Members Only
AMA Affiliated Groups
- Organized Medical Staff Section (OMSS) Governing Council
Lawrence Monahan, MD, an internist in practice in Roanoke, Virginia, serves as member-at-large of the AMA Organized Medical Staff Section (OMSS) Governing Council for the 2019-2020 term.
The OMSS is a member interest group within the AMA for physician medical staff leaders. The Section Governing Council is responsible for directing OMSS efforts to improve patient outcomes and the physician experience in the hospital setting.
Dr. Monahan founded Jefferson Internal Medicine Associates in 1980 and currently serves as president. He is also a full clinical professor of internal medicine at the University of Virginia School of Medicine and the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Membership Moves Medicine™
- Free access to JAMA Network™ and CME
- Save hundreds on insurance
- Fight for physicians and patient rights