Nov. 6-8 | Virtual
The MSS November 2020 Meeting was held on a virtual platform.
The MSS Meeting Handbook on this page provides details on resolutions being considered at the meeting, education sessions and more.
Review the AMA Code of Conduct for ensuring professional and ethical behavior at AMA events and functions, and the association's zero tolerance for any type of harassing conduct.
Watch the recording of the Nov. 7 discussion with Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Disease, and James Madara, MD, AMA CEO and EVP, as they explored COVID-19 and what lies ahead for physicians and medical students.
Visit the agenda page for the date and times of sessions and events, and instructions on how to access the meeting platform.
- 2020 MSS Speakers' Ruling (PDF, members only)
Review the resolutions and reports being considered at the MSS November 2020 Meeting.
- MSS Summary of Actions (PDF, members only)
- Medical Student Section Business Handbook (PDF)
- MSS late resolution 1: Support for Universal Internet Access (PDF)
- Report of the Medical Student Section Reference Committee (PDF)
Use the credentialing form (sign-in required) to credential a delegate to represent your medical school or other eligible organization at the MSS November 2020 Meeting. Only credentialed delegates will be permitted to vote on policy matters and in elections.
The deadline to credential representatives is Oct. 30, 2020.
Dates and deadlines have been established for MSS policy-making leading up to the MSS November 2020 Meeting:
- Sept. 20 (11:59 p.m. Central): Final resolutions due
- Oct. 3: Virtual Reference Committee opens
- Oct. 15 (11:59 p.m. Central): Virtual Reference Committee closes
- Oct. 30: Reference Committee report released
- Nov. 1: (11:59 p.m. Central): Virtual resolution extraction deadline
Read more about the MSS policy-making process.
New to the policy-making process? Access our new education module, How AMA Policy is Made, and learn how MSS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
Review the MSS elections page for candidate bios, videos and COIs.
Access information about CME and non-CME education sessions, including details about an exclusive interview with Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Disease.
Table of Contents
- AMA code of conduct and anti-harassment policy
- The year ahead—exclusive interview with Anthony Fauci, MD, NIAID director
- Agenda & meeting platform access
- Meeting documents
- Policy resolutions and reports
- Policy-making dates and deadlines
- 2020 MSS elections & leadership opportunities
- Education sessions