Nov. 14-16 | Marriott Marquis | San Diego, California
Registration is now open for the 2019 Interim section meetings. Registration is free to members.
Hotel, travel and child care
Visit the 2019 Interim section meetings site to reserve a hotel room, reserve child care and download the AMA meetings app.
MSS meeting documents will be posted here as they become available.
- 2019 MSS Speakers' Ruling (PDF, members only)
- 2019 Interim Meeting tentative schedule (PDF, members only)
Please keep in mind the following deadlines for MSS resolution submission and commenting:
- Sept. 6: Preliminary scoring and comments on draft resolutions released to authors.
- Sept. 20, 11:59 Pacific: Final resolutions are due. All resolutions must be uploaded along with the 2019 Interim final submission checklist and a copy of the draft submission checklist using the 2019 Interim resolution final submission form. Authors to respond via email to comments by primary reviewer.
- Oct. 2, noon: Virtual Reference Committee (VRC) opens.
- Oct. 17, 2 p.m.: Virtual Reference Committee (VRC) closes.
- Nov. 7: Reference Committee report released.
For more details regarding the MSS policy process, please visit the MSS guide to writing a resolution page.
Virtual Reference Committee (VRC): Shape the future on MSS issues
Access the MSS Virtual Reference Committee (VRC) to review and comment on policy proposals that will be discussed at the 2019 MSS Interim Meeting.
New to the policy-making process? Access our new education module, How AMA Policy is Made, and learn how MSS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
Join the MSS for education sessions on:
- Cultural humility and implicit bias training
- Professionalism on social media
- The ethics of voluntourism
- Health care reform... and much more!
Additional information on these sessions will be posted as it becomes available.
The following will be elected at the meeting.
- Regional/alternate delegates
- Medical student liaison to the AMA Board of Trustees
Join us at the AMA Expo on Friday, Nov. 15, 2019, to network and learn alongside your peers in two events tailored to students, residents, fellows, early career international medical graduates and young physicians:
- AMA Research Symposium
- Career fair
Save the date for these MSS events:
- 2019 MSS Interim Meeting: Nov. 14-16, San Diego
- 2020 MSS Region Meetings: Jan.-Feb. 2020, various locations
- 2020 Medical Student Advocacy and Region Conference: March 5-7, Washington, D.C.
- 2020 MSS Annual Meeting: June 4-6, Chicago
- 2020 MSS Interim Meeting: Nov. 12-14, San Diego