The International Medical Graduates Section (IMGS) met virtually on Saturday, Nov. 6.
The IMGS celebrated its 24th year of Interim Meetings beginning with its governing council meeting on Nov. 5 and its IMGS Congress business meeting on Saturday, Nov. 6.
The Congress meeting featured:
- June-Anne Gold, MD, from the Academic Physicians Section, Jason Marino from Congressional Affairs; with keynote speaker Maria Bowen, from the Louisiana State Medical Society who provided an informative presentation on the “Scope of Practice and You.” All presentations were very well received with many engaging questions by participants.
- The section members discussed HOD policy initiatives of interest and voted upon six endorsement requests from the Board of Trustees and AMA Council candidates. No IMG section resolutions were submitted for this meeting.
- On Monday, Nov. 15, the IMGS will culminate its meetings with the joint IMG and Minority Affairs Sections’ Delegates Caucus at 9 a.m., in conjunction with the AMA House of Delegates meeting.
Participants attended the Busharat Ahmad, MD, Leadership Development Program: “The Art of Leadership” held on Saturday, Nov. 6, which featured Patrice Harris, MD, MA, AMA past president.
- Participants learned about the causes and effects of having good leadership in the medical profession and shared lessons learned by Dr. Harris.
- This program designated a maximum of 1.5 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
On Friday, Nov. 12, the IMGS will co-sponsor an educational program with the Young Physicians Section entitled, "Structural Inequities in Medicine: Impacts on the Person and Profession."
Visit the education sessions page for additional information on these topics and other sessions.
For additional information on the November IMGS meeting, visit the section's agenda & resources page.