The International Medical Graduates Section (IMGS) celebrated its 23rd year of Interim Meetings, beginning with its governing council meeting and the IMGS Congress business meeting on Saturday, Nov. 7.
The Congress meeting featured:
- Todd Askew, senior vice president of AMA Advocacy, who provided an Advocacy Update.
- Aletha Maybank, MD, MPH, vice president and chief equity officer who provided a presentation on the work of the Center for Health Equity.
- Both presentations were very well received with many engaging questions by participants.
- The proposed changes in the internal operating procedures (IOP) was approved for submission to the Board of Trustees.
- One policy item, Resolution 308, ECFMG 2024 accreditation requirement for World Federation for Medical Education recognition, will be deliberated at the November Special Meeting of the House of Delegates.
Participants attended the Busharat Ahmad, MD, Leadership development program which featured Al Giwa, MD, a well-known leadership program speaker, who provided a presentation on “The Ethics of Leadership.”
- Participants discussed ethics vs. values and the ethical leaders’ mission and obligations to its organization and stakeholders.
- This program designated a maximum of 1.0 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
The IMGS will culminate its meetings with the joint IMG and Minority Affairs Sections (MAS) delegates caucus in conjunction with the House of Delegates meeting at 9 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 16.