Nov. 16 | Manchester Grand Hyatt | San Diego, California
Online registration is closed, but you can still register onsite at no cost.
Hotel, travel and child care
Visit the 2019 Interim sections meetings site to reserve a hotel room, reserve child care and download the AMA meetings app.
IMGS meeting documents will be posted here as they become available.
Contribute to IMGS policymaking efforts by submitting a resolution for consideration at the 2019 IMGS Interim Meeting. The resolution submission deadline for this year's meeting was Sept. 3. Submit future resolutions and direct any questions to [email protected]. Resolutions guidelines may be found at the IMGS policy & advocacy page.
Online member forum: Ratification of resolutions
Access the IMGS online member forum to review and vote on policy proposals that will be discussed at the 2019 IMGS Interim Meeting. Many thanks to those members who provided comments on the resolutions being considered for the Interim Meeting. Approvals for resolutions are being accepted Sept. 23-27.
New to the policymaking process? Access our new education module, How AMA Policy is Made, and learn how IMGS members influence the AMA's policymaking efforts.
- IMGS resolution 1: Implementation of financial education curriculum for medical students and physicians in training
- IMGS resolution 3: Improvement of healthcare access in underserved areas by retaining and incentivizing IMG physicians
- IMGS resolution 4: Fair medication pricing for patients in United States: Advocating for a global pricing standard
The IMGS is seeking volunteers to serve on the following leadership committees:
- Resolutions & Policy Committee
- USIMG Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Research Symposium
Contact us at [email protected] to volunteer or learn more.
Join the IMGS for education sessions on:
- Addressing the challenge of equitable drug pricing in the era of precision (CME 0.75)
Saturday, Nov. 16, 5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Manchester Grand Hyatt, Harbor B
- Back to the Basics: The Fundamentals of Extraordinary Leadership (CME 1.0)
Sunday, Nov. 17, 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Manchester Grand Hyatt, Coronado D
For details about other education sessions during the 2019 Interim Meeting, visit the Interim Meeting education sessions page.
Join us at the AMA EXPO on Friday, Nov. 15, 2019, to network and learn alongside your peers in two events tailored to students, residents, fellows, early career international medical graduates and young physicians:
- AMA Research Symposium
- Career fair
Save the date for these IMGS events:
- 2019 IMGS Interim Meeting: Nov.15-18, San Diego
- 2020 IMGS Annual Meeting: June 5-8, Chicago
- 2020 IMGS Interim Meeting: Nov.13-16, San Diego
Questions, contact us at [email protected]