APS meeting: Nov. 7, 10:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m. All times listed are Central.
Saturday, Nov. 7, 9-10:30 a.m.
Join us for a discussion with Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Disease, and James Madara, MD, AMA CEO and EVP, as they explore COVID-19 and what lies ahead for physicians and medical students. Following the interview, a panel of experts will discuss the AMA’s ongoing work in the areas of health equity, physician wellness and practice sustainability, medical education, advocacy and more.
Join the meeting (Lumi platform).
Welcome and introductions
- Gary M. Gaddis, MD, PhD, APS chair
Accelerating Change in Medical Education update
- Susan Skochelak, MD, MPH, group vice president, medical education
Opportunities for service on national medical education organizations
- Niranjan Rao, MD, chair, nominations committee, Council on Medical Education
Impacts on the medical education ‘supply chain’ in the residency program application and selection process
- Donna Lamb, DHSc, MBA, BSN, president and CEO, National Resident Matching Program
- Michael Barone, MD, vice president of Licensure Programs, National Board of Medical Examiners
- James Docherty, DO, MS, MS, PGY-1 resident physician, family medicine
Review the accreditation, designation and CME/MOC statements (PDF).
APS debate/voting on AMA House of Delegates’ business items
- Alma B. Littles, MD, APS delegate
Adjournment of APS business meeting
Take part in the APS social and networking (Teams platform)
Download the agenda to review, print or save (PDF).
Nov. 8, 4-5 p.m.
Unwind from the section meetings, learn a little bit about the AMA Ambassador Program and connect virtually with your AMA section peers without having to make a motion or an amendment. Come as you are, bring your favorite beverage and end the weekend with us. There will be surprises, prizes and breakout rooms for optimal mingling. Everyone is welcome to attend.
RSVP by emailing [email protected], to receive your calendar invitation, a reminder email and the access link.
Visit the HOD Special Meeting site for details.