Nov. 15-16 | Manchester Grand Hyatt | San Diego, California
Online registration is closed, but you can still register onsite at no cost.
Hotel, travel and child care
Visit the 2019 Interim section meetings site to reserve a hotel room, reserve child care and download the AMA meetings app.
APS meeting documents will be posted here as they become available.
- APS meeting agenda (PDF)
- APS meeting handbook (PDF)
- APS five year review (Council on Long Range Planning & Development Report, PDF)
Contribute to APS policymaking efforts by submitting a resolution for consideration at the 2019 APS Interim Meeting. Contact APS staff at [email protected] for more information.
Online member forum: Shape the future on AMA issues
Access the AMA online member forum to review and comment on policy proposals that will be discussed at the 2019 Interim Meeting of the AMA House of Delegates.
New to the policy-making process? Access our new education module, How AMA Policy is Made, and learn how APS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
The APS will be soliciting nominations for its governing council and Membership Committee in January 2020. Contact APS staff at [email protected] for more information.
Join the APS for following education sessions:
- The power and promise of Project ECHO to enhance patient care through empowered learner communities (CME 1.0)
Friday, Nov. 15, 1:45 to 2:45 p.m.
Hyatt, Harbor G
- Recruiting, retaining, ”retraining” and rewarding community physicians (CME 1.0)
Friday, Nov. 15, 3 to 4 p.m.
Hyatt, Harbor G
- Update on ABMS Continuing Board Certification (CME 1.25)
Saturday, Nov. 16, 9:45 to 11 a.m.
Hyatt, Grand Hall D
For details about other education sessions during the 2019 Interim Meeting, visit the Interim Meeting education sessions page.
Join the APS
Through your membership in the APS, you can:
- Play a role in AMA policy development related to undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education
- Take part in relevant educational sessions
- Network with academic physician colleagues nationwide
Join your fellow AMA-member deans and faculty from a wide range of medical schools, graduate medical education programs and academic health systems nationwide and take advantage of professional development and leadership opportunities both within the AMA and in medical education accreditation and certification bodies.
Contact APS staff at [email protected] to learn more and obtain the membership application form.
Save the date for these APS events:
- 2020 APS Annual Meeting: June 5-6, Chicago
- 2020 APS Interim Meeting: Nov. 13-14, San Diego