AMA is your ally at every professional stage. From online courses, to policy engagement opportunities, AMA supports your desire to expand your business and leadership expertise. Learn how we can help you make informed, confident decisions when you join the AMA and become part of the nation's most recognized physician organization.
Your academic institution can join AMA efforts via the AMA Academic Leadership Group Membership Program which:
- Offers discounted group membership pricing with savings starting at 20%
- Requires a minimum of 6 faculty physicians including the medical school dean
- May add additional faculty members at any time at the appropriate dues discount level; the more physicians you sign up for the program, the greater your discount
- Offers members under this group contract full membership benefits
Your AMA membership includes:
- Participation in the AMA Academic Physicians Section or the AMA Council on Medical Education, key channels providing all U.S.-accredited medical schools and their faculty a voice in AMA policies.
- Assistance in setting educational standards by seeking appointments to the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, American Board of Medical Specialties or the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- The chance to help shape new AMA benefits and resources via the AMA Academic Physician Think Tank Group where academic peers discuss topics impacting their professional lives.
News, scientific publications and valuable content includes:
- AMA MedEd Update e-newsletter.
- Full Access to the JAMA Network™. The JAMA Network comprises a variety of innovative tools that provide insights that matter most to medical research and practice. Enjoy your print subscription to JAMA®, theJournal of the American Medical Association, plus unlimited online and mobile access to all 13 JAMA Network journals, with free CME.
- CME newsletters that feature the latest treatment guidelines and prescribing data for specific disease states.
- CME opportunities available in a variety of formats through the AMA Education Center.
- CPT Network® that includes resources and assistance to help you understand and properly use CPT® codes and conventions.
Resources supporting medical education
- The GME Competency Education Program, formerly known as the Introduction to the Practice of Medicine (IPM), is an online educational program to help residents develop ACGME milestones to meet competency requirements
- FREIDA Online®, the AMA Residency and Fellowship Database™ with access to more than 10,000 GME programs
- AMA Journal of Ethics®, a forum for medical ethics
- Choosing a Medical Specialty: The AMA’s Resource Guide for Medical Students that assists students with their specialty selection
- The AMA Foundation Scholars Fund awarded over $60 million in medical student scholarships and almost $970,000 in Seed Grant Research Programs to students and residents
- AMA Section Involvement Grants provide up to $1,000 for medical student sections to host health and educational activities
Federal, state and grassroots advocacy
The AMA is aggressively involved in state and national advocacy efforts related to the most vital issues in medicine today—high priority issues for academic physicians in particular include:
- Graduate medical education
- Funding research and medical education
- Student debt
- Improving the public health
Contact Ray Helm, director, Group Practices, for more information.
Use our contact form or call Member Relations at (800) 262-3211, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Central time).