Introduction to the Practice of Medicine
"Introduction to the Practice of Medicine" (IPM) is an interactive, web-based educational series designed to complement and reinforce what is being taught in patient settings and didactic curriculums in residency and fellowship training programs. Its learning courses help residents and their institutions fulfill the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) milestones and core competency requirements.
Using IPM at Your Institution
The IPM series lets graduate medical education departments seamlessly track their institution’s and residents’ usage of the online educational program.
- Access a frequently updated robust course library of more than 38 courses
- Track course completion by individual or program
- Analyze resident progress through 15 distinct, easy-to-read reports
- Assign certificates for course or event equivalents completed offline
- Upload your institution’s resources for residents to access
- Manage and assign institutional and program specific courses in a single place
- Access frequently updated course content
- Download all certificates achieved by users
Value for Residents
Residents can keep track of completed courses and obtain printable certificates verifying they passed the postassessments. Customizable assignments can be tailored to meet residents’ educational needs, and automated email due date reminders keep them on track. With 24-hour access, residents can complete IPM courses and assessments at their convenience on their computer or tablet.
With the IPM site’s extensive reporting and tracking functionalities, residents can review their current testing status or see detailed reports on completed assessments kept in their progress file. Reports can also be exported to integrate with your own records.
IPM is available to institutions that sponsor the program for their residents. For more information or to request a demo, contact Kathy Hinton at [email protected] or (312) 464-5698.
If you are a current subscriber and have a question about the functionality of your site, contact Dustin Monk at [email protected] or (312) 464-4518.