Upcoming Deadlines and Announcements
International Medical Graduates Governing Election Nominations due Feb. 20, 2016.
There are many ways to get involved as an AMA member and a member of the International Medical Graduates Section.
- All members can find general leadership opportunities and specific position requirements, application deadlines and contact information.
- International Medical Graduates (IMGs) section members with leadership experience can submit nominations for consideration in the upcoming International Medical Graduates Governing Election. View the 2016 Governing Council.
- AMA-IMG members can serve on section committees. Section committees meet via 3–4 teleconferences a year to discuss minimal action items. Find information on IMG Section Committee positions and responsibilities, or send a request if you are interested in serving on a committee.
- Submit your International Medical Graduates narrative. The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) is looking for stories about international medical graduates who have successfully navigated through a GME program to inspire and assist other international medical graduates. Access more information on how to submit an IMG narrative (PDF).
- Become an advisor for the International Medical Graduates network. The ECFMG is looking for qualified physicians to participate in a voluntary advisors network to help new international medical graduates transition into living and working in the U.S. Discover how to get involved in the ECFMG IMG Advisor Network.
- Apply for the American Professional eXchange Association (APXA). APXA is a free service that matches professionals from other countries to share knowledge and culture in the fields of medicine, engineering and others in order to aid in peaceful communication across the world community.