Elections will be held at the Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates on June 13, 2023.
Officers and seven councils are elected by the American Medical Association House of Delegates (HOD) at the Annual Meeting. The elections are conducted during a special election session under the supervision of the Committee on Rules and Credentials and the chief teller, who are appointed by the speakers. The speaker and vice speaker are responsible for overall administration of the elections. Voting is conducted by secret ballot.
Daniel Lee, MD
Resident/Fellow candidate for Council on Medical Education
Daniel Lee is a neurology resident currently finishing up his intern year at the University of South Alabama. He grew up in Chesterfield, Virginia outside of Richmond before moving to Columbia, South Carolina for undergraduate studies in biology with a minor in neuroscience where he graduated summa cum laude.
He has conducted research at the medical school during that time investigating the underlying neurochemical pathways involved in PTSD. He completed medical school at the University of South Carolina—Greenville and has been a part of the AMA since beginning medical school in 2018. He has previously served as the vice speaker of the Medical Student Section (MSS) and currently serves as the chair of the Resident and Fellows Committee on Medical Education.
- Served as the 2022-2023 RFS chair for the Committee on Medical Education.
- Served as a 2023 RFS sectional delegate sponsored by the AAN.
- Served as the sole medical student on the 2021 AMA House of Delegates Resolution’s Committee for the November Special Meeting.
- Served as the 2020-2021 vice speaker of the MSS.
- Elected to serve as a regional alternate delegate to the AMA House of Delegates for the MSS for the 2020 calendar year.
- Member of the MSS House Coordination Committee for 2019-2020.
- Member of the MSS I-19 Reference Committee.
- Visit the AMA elections page for information on other candidates running for office.
- Find up to date information for the June Annual Meeting of the HOD.