AMA-convened Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement® (PCPI®) member organizations and individuals come from across the country and represent a wide spectrum of interests. As the heart and soul of the PCPI’s efforts, members dedicate their time, clinical expertise and resources to helping shape and improve performance measurement and patient-centered care.
Membership in the PCPI is open to any organization or individual committed to health care quality improvement and patient safety. The PCPI offers organizations and individuals the opportunity to help improve the quality and efficiency of health care delivery, and to shape the future of health care. The PCPI works collaboratively to support physicians and other health care professionals.
Now more than 200 member organizations and individuals strong, the PCPI includes such diverse members as:
- 81 national medical specialty societies (including the American Medical Association, American Osteopathic Association and societies represented in the AMA House of Delegates)
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- Five American Board of Medical Specialties member boards
- Council of Medical Specialty Societies
- 34 state medical societies
- 20 health care professional organizations
- Four federal agencies
- 57 other groups interested in improving the quality of health care
- 46 individual members including experts in methodology and data collection