Physician Outreach Leaders Program
Welcome to the AMA’s Physician Outreach Leaders Program. The program supports the leadership efforts that you're involved in already—or would be more involved in, with some added resources.
Log in to the Outreach Dashboard
Below are the information and tools you need to get started.
Through our web-based Outreach Dashboard and helpful resources, the Physician Outreach Leaders Program recognizes and rewards your stand-out efforts in building physician engagement. We want to make it easy for you to demonstrate the value of being involved as an AMA member—and make your own involvement meaningful.
- Be publicly recognized for your peer–to-peer activities in promoting physicians’ national advocate. Assist at AMA events as a face and active representative of physicians in organized medicine, and show your physician peers how important it is for them to have a say in the issues we all care about.
- Earn points-based rewards. Each AMA member you recruit or activity you support us in translates into points. Begin earning points toward gifts today for the work you’re already doing!
- Utilize AMA sponsorship opportunities. Have an idea for your own outreach event or other activity that highlights an AMA priority and the importance of being involved through membership? Great! As an outreach leader, you’re eligible to request AMA financial assistance through sponsorship for your activities.
Begin today by registering through the Outreach Dashboard—the registration process takes less than 5 minutes.
To register, you’ll need to login with your AMA account or create an account if you don’t have one.
Here are just a few ways for you to reach out and connect with potential AMA members:
- Resident orientations and hospital staff meetings
- Participate at AMA events as an outreach leader—or organize your own events/activities within your community
- Personalized communications to your prospect list
- Talk to residents during your teaching rounds
- Keep colleagues up-to-date with summaries of key resolutions, advocacy efforts and litigation wins
- Submit a summary of AMA accomplishments and activities in your local medical society newsletter
- Let your alma mater know exactly how much the AMA Foundation has donated to the state and their school
Visit the Involvement & Recruiting Resources page for current flyers, advocacy accomplishments and more.
To facilitate your leadership in the community, the Outreach Leadership Program can provide funding and administrative support for your recruiting and leadership activities.
If interested, please email us to request an application detailing the opportunity. (All proposed events/activities subject to approval.)
The Outreach Dashboard is a web-based tool for you to develop and manage your prospect lists, claim recruiting activity and select awards. Log in to the Outreach Dashboard, claim those you recruited and start earning points immediately.
Need help? Contact us.
You earn points based on the number of members you recruit and retain—then select from gifts such as AMA Bookstore coupons, resident AMA sponsorships, donations to the AMA Foundation or gift cards!
Each new physician recruited earns you 300 points.
Each new resident recruited earns you 100 points.
Each new student recruited earns you 50 points.
|Level||Minimum points||Free AMA resident memberships||AMA Bookstore certificate||Visa reward card|
|6||three consecutive years over 3000||20||$300.00||$300.00|
Just as importantly, as a Physician Outreach Leader you also gain recognition within the physician community through your interactions with colleagues at AMA events and the activities you organize yourself. Contact us to learn about a variety of recognition opportunities.
We have a dedicated AMA physician outreach staff to make sure that all of your needs are met. Please contact Brian Eaggleston, Manager, Physician Outreach Leaders Program, with any questions or feedback.
(800) 262-3211 x 5324
AMA Outreach Program