Your academic institution can join AMA efforts via the AMA Academic Leadership Group Membership Program, which
- Offers discounted group membership pricing with savings starting at 20%
- Requires a minimum of six faculty physicians including the medical school dean
- Additional faculty members may be added at any time at the appropriate dues discount level. The more physicians you sign up for the program, the greater your discount.
- Members under this group contract receive full membership benefits
Contact Ray Helm, Director-Group Practices, at (312) 464-5920 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|Your AMA membership includes:
||How this benefits you:
- Participate in the AMA Academic Physicians Section or the AMA Council on Medical Education, key channels providing all U.S.-accredited medical schools and their faculty a voice in AMA policies.
- Assist in setting educational standards by seeking appointments to the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, American Board of Medical Specialties or the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- Help shape new AMA benefits and resources via the AMA Academic Physician Think Tank Group where academic peers discuss topics impacting their professional lives.
|Resources supporting medical education
- FREIDA Online® with access to more than 9,000 GME programs.
- AMA Journal of Ethics, a forum for medical ethics.
- Choosing a Medical Specialty: The AMA’s Resource Guide for Medical Students assists students with their specialty selection.
- The AMA Foundation Scholars Fund awarded over $60 million in medical student scholarships and almost $970,000 in Seed Grant Research Programs to students and residents.
- AMA Section Involvement Grants provide up to $1,000 for medical student sections to host health and educational activities.
|Federal, state and grassroots advocacy
- The AMA is aggressively involved in advocacy efforts related to the most vital issues in medicine today—high priority issues for academic physicians in particular include:
- Graduate medical education
- Funding research and medical education
- Work force
- Student debt
- Improving the public health